(FULL DISCLAIMER: Below are amazon affiliate links which means I’ll make a small commission on the links)
Embroidery Machine : Babylock Emp6
Magnetic Hoop: Mighty hoop
Beanie : Sportsman Long Cuff Beanie
Stabilizers : Cutaway Stabilizer Water Soluble Stabilizer
Scissors: Detailed Scissors | Shears | Fabric Scissors
Stickers : Target Stickers
1. Always make a flat sample to ensure the embroidery file runs smoothly.
2. Cut it out and placed against the beanie for sizing
3. Take a quick photo and sent it over to my client for approval
Once Approved we begin the process.
- Place target sticker with arrow pointing up
- Flip all beanies inside out.
- Place the cutaway stabilizer on top of the bottom hoop
- place hoop and stabilizer inside the beanie
- then carefully put the top hoop on top
- place hoop on the embroidery machine and center needle on the target sticker
- take sticker off and place the water soluble stabilizer on top
- run the embroidery job
- remove the hoop from teh machine once done
- take the hoop off inclduing the one inside
- cut the threads so you don’t pull on it when tearing away the water soluble
- tear and take off the top water soluble as much as you can
- spray water and rub over it with a towel to get the remaining stabilizer
- clean up the embroidery as needed
- flip the beanie inside out
- cutaway the stabilizer as close as possible
Then you are done!